Due to the COVID Virus: see the below Guidance from Perry Baromedical regarding all the Perry and BARA-MED Hyperbaric units:
Is there a protocol change for COVID–19 patients/or patients presenting with similar symptomology.
Now more than ever it is extremely important to ensure all your procedures for cleaning between each patient hyperbaric treatment are followed.
- Diligence is more important than ever with your cleaning procedures between “each” patient.
- Perry Baromedical is recommending the patient transfer gurney is thoroughly sanitized between each patient treatment per our Operations Manual Protocol.
- Full Linen Change on gurney between patients.
- Disposable patient gowns advised and ensure disposable container for used gowns.
- Disinfect patient changing area thoroughly throughout the day
- Change of pillow case & wipe down of pillow cover prior to placing clean case on pillow
- Wipe and disinfect the door handle of chamber
- Wipe and disinfect the gurney side rests, in between EACH patient
- As needed: Acrylic Wipe down throughout the daily treatments
MOST IMPORTANT ADVISORY REMINDER: NO HAND SANITIZER PRODUCTS TO BE USED ON ACRYLIC. BE SURE YOU USE ONLY RECOMMENDED ACRYLIC CLEANING & DISINFECTING PRODUCTS.
Commercial Products approved for cleaning & disinfecting Chamber are:
- Tor HB
- Coverage HB
- Asepti-HB Ecolab
- PDI Sani-Cloth Bleach Wipes (MSDS 0010 / EPA Reg. No. 9480-8)
- PDI Sani-Cloth AF Germicidal Wipes (MSDS 0090)
- PDI Sani-Cloth AF3 germicidal wipes (MSDS 0101)
- STERIS LpH® se One Step Germicidal Detergent (product / SDS # 6466 @ dilution ratio of 1:256)
- EcoLab #25 HB Quat Disinfectant Cleaner (ready to use Ecolab registration number 61-0000-6316-6)
- EcoLab A-456-N (EPA 42964-31)
- Bleach – Up to 15% aqueous Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl) [7681-52-9]
- Aqueous Hydrogen Peroxide – 3% to 20% (H2O2) [7722-84-1]
- Aqueous Chlorine Dioxide up to 2% (ClO2) [10049-04-4]
- Chlorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes Clorox Company (Bleach, caustic soda and sodium metasilicate based, lint-free cloths.)
- Tego 2001 (EUROPE ONLY) Amphoteric Disinfectant Johnson Diversey (Surface active, microbiocidal amphoteric system, with EDTA and IsoPropanol, in small quantity)
- Enviroguard64, Enviroguard64LLC (Quaternary Ammonium Surfactants plus Ethanol, in small quantity)
- Coverage Spray HB Plus Steris (Quaternary Ammonium Surfactants plus Ethanol, in small quantity)
- DISPATCH® Hospital Cleaner Disinfectant Towels with Bleach Excolab (Bleach, caustic soda and sodium metasilicate based, lint-free cloths.)
- Vital Oxide (formerly EXPEL) Orison Marketing, L.L.C. (Chlorine Dioxide Aqueous Spray plus Quaternary Ammonium Surfactants)